Ovens are hard to come by in Korea. In my kitchen, I have a washing machine where an oven should be, under the gas stove. My little toaster oven not only makes toast, it is also my favorite baking and roasting kitchen appliance. When cooking in Korea, one can’t expect everything to taste just like it did back at home. Ingredients are slightly different or impossible to find. These simple roasted cherry tomatoes are an exception. The ingredients are easy to find and they taste exactly like they did when I made then at home in the States.
- ½ Carton cherry tomatoes
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Dried basil
- ½ Tbsp. Pepper
- 2 Pinches of sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
*You can estimate ingredients, no exact measuring required
- Pre-heat toaster oven (or oven) to 180°C/350°F
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half lengthwise
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. I like to mix with my fingers, the tomatoes get more of an even coating.
- Spread tomatoes on a aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Make sure all tomatoes are flesh side up!
- Roast tomatoes for at least 1 hour. I’ve never made it past an hour of roasting, the tomatoes smell too delicious!