Lately, I’ve been a little obsessed with rhinestones (and leopard print!). A lot of belts and dresses I’ve had my eye on lately have all had rhinestone in common. I don’t want to spend money on new clothes, I would rather save up for a big trip around Asia next summer! Anyway, a little PVC, rhinestones, and glue later, I had myself a belt that can be worn with skirts, dresses, sweaters, cardigans, you name it!
- Clear PVC
- Assorted Rhinestones
- Ribbon (I switched from silver to black last minute)
- Excato knife
- Cut the PVC so it easily fits around the front half of your waist. I cut mine to 18 inches x 2 inches.
- Make a slit or hole in either end of the PVC, you will thread the ribbon though these later.
- Layout your rhinestone pattern. Use odd numbers for the pattern, it makes the belt look polished.
- Glue your pattern to the PVC from the center out. I alternated sides, building the pattern out.
5. Let everything dry over night.
6. Cut two arms length pieces of ribbon, make sure to cut the ends on a diagonal to prevent fraying. Thread the ribbon through the hole and wear!!