I love fashion magazines. I like flipping through the glossy pages and ogling over the clothes, shoes and accessories. I was flipping through a Korean fashion magazine, one after noon, and saw a close up picture of the wrist of one of the Dior models. She was wearing an acrylic and silver cuff with rhinestones all over the acrylic. I though to myself, ‘ I can totally make that!’ So, I set out on a mission, literally, I went into Seoul for my first adventure in Dongdaemun, aka Craft Heaven.
- Make a paper template that will comfortably fit around your wrist with an overlap for the closure. Mine is 6cm by 22cm, you can download the template here.
- Layout your bracelet by using the template. I marked where the aluminum tape and will be and my overlap for the closure.
- Use your template to cut the PVC. I found that using an exacto knife I much easier than scissors when cutting PVC.
- PVC Cut!
- Take the aluminum tape and tape it the PVC. You can either make little marks on the PVC or tape your template to the PVC to guide you in the tape placement.
- Now the fun part!! Layout your rhinestone pattern. Since the template and bracelet are identical in dimensions, use the template to layout the pattern.
- Time to start gluing. Tape down your PVC, this will help to flatten the PVC and prevent it from moving as you are gluing. Work from the middle out. Let the glue dry for a few hours or over night
- Punch two holes on each side of the PVC. On one side place the button studs. The studs will fit through the holes on the other side, creating your closure.
I love wearing this cuff over a long sleeve shirt! For me, I have been rather chilly at work with the air-con blasting.